Change is Good: Don’t resist it!
As a solopreneur, changing aspects of your business (and your attitude toward change itself) to keep up with the current competitive environment and industry trends is ultra-vital. But change can be scary, and I know a bunch of people who have an innate fear of it – even an outright aversion to it!
Why is change so intimidating?
- Change requires going beyond your comfort zone.
- Change inherently contains some element of risk.
- Change isn’t easy.
- Change is change. Things won’t be the same as they were before.
Why embrace change?
- Change can get you off the “hamster wheel”. Goodbye “same old, same old”!
- Change can help you develop new skills and strengths.
- Change can present you with new clients, new professional connections & new opportunities.
- Change can take a stagnating business and breathe new life into it.
Entrepreneurs can’t afford to be squeamish about change; all businesses are faced with it at some point or another – and often repeatedly. Just get into the right mind-set about it. Change really is good! Rather than view it as a threat, look at it as an opportunity for you – and your business – to be better and stronger. Resistance is futile!
What about you? How do you react to change?
Consider joining the Dialing 8 Project! A forum for learning, sharing & getting the most out of your social media efforts for your small business.